DMCA takedown request requirements
We take the intellectual property rights of others seriously and require that our users do the same. The Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) established a process for addressing claims of copyright infringement. If you own a copyright or have authority to act on behalf of a copyright owner and want to report a claim that a third party is infringing that material on or through GitLab's services, please submit a DMCA report via Discord or email and we will take appropriate action.
DMCA Report Requirements
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim is being infringed;
- A description of the material you claim is infringing and that you want removed or access to which you want disabled with a URL and proof you are the original owner or other location of that material;
- Your name, title (if acting as an agent), address, telephone number, and email address;
- The following statement: "I have a good faith belief that the use of the copyrighted material I am complaining of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law (e.g., as a fair use)";
- The following statement: "The information in this notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, I am the owner, or authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyright or of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed";
- The following statement: "I understand that I am subject to legal action upon submitting a DMCA request without solid proof.";
- An electronic or physical signature of the owner of the copyright or a person authorized to act on the owner's behalf.